Foundation Medicine approach broadly examines the tumour genome
The Foundation Medicine comprehensive genomic profiling approach* leverages next generation sequencing (NGS) technology to examine regions of the tumour genome that other tests miss.1–13 It detects both novel and known variants, including the four main classes of genomic alterations – base substitutions, insertions or deletions, copy number alterations and gene rearrangements – in a comprehensive set of cancer-relevant genes, and reports Tumour Mutational Burden (TMB) or blood Tumour Mutational Burden (bTMB), and Microsatellite Instability (MSI).† 1–7
Clear in-depth reports
Clear, in-depth report supports clinical decision-making
Our clear, in-depth report supports clinical decision-making by providing insights on the patient’s genomic profile as well as associated targeted therapies, immunotherapies and relevant clinical trials. Approved therapies are ranked alphabetically within NCCN therapy categories (for additional information on the NCCN categories please refer to the NCCN Compendium® at www.nccn.org).
The report also highlights important disease-relevant genes with no reportable alterations identified and genomic alterations associated with potential resistance to therapy to help rule out potentially ineffective treatment.14
When using different Foundation Medicine services across the patient journey, consistency of the reports aid comparison of the results.
View a sample report
Extensively validated and supported by clinical evidence
Our services are supported by a large and growing body of clinical evidence with over 450 publications since the founding of Foundation Medicine.15,16 The validations of Foundation Medicine’s comprehensive genomic profiling services are published in top-tier peer-reviewed journals.4–7
†TMB reported by FoundationOne CDx and FoundationOne Heme. bTMB reported by FoundationOne Liquid CDx. MSI reported by FoundationOne CDx and FoundationOne Heme, MSI-H reported by FoundationOne Liquid CDx.‡For additional information on the NCCN categories please refer to the NCCN Compendium® (www.nccn.org).
§Clinical validation demonstrated concordance with the following companion diagnostics: cobas® EGFR Mutation Test, Ventana ALK (D5F3) CDx Assay, Vysis ALK Break-Apart FISH Probe Kit, therascreen® KRAS RGQ PCR Kit, Dako HER2 FISH PharmDx® Kit, cobas® BRAF V600 Mutation Test, THxID® BRAF kit. For more information, please see the FoundationOne®CDx Technical Specifications available at: www.rochefoundationmedicine.com/f1cdxtech.
¥Clinical validation demonstrated concordance with the following diagnostics: cobas® EGFR Mutation Test v2, a tumour tissue polymerase chain reaction-based clinical trial assay (CTA), and an externally validated circulating cell-free DNA-based next-generation sequencing assay. For more information please see the FoundationOne Liquid® CDx technical Specifications available at: www.eifu.online/FMI/190070862.
bTMB, blood Mutational Tumour Burden;FDA, US Food and Drug Administration; MSI, Microsatellite Instability; NCCN, National Comprehensive Cancer Network; NGS, next generation sequencing; TMB, Tumour Mutational Burden.
- FoundationOne®CDx Technical Specifications, 2018. Available at: www.rochefoundationmedicine.com/f1cdxtech (Accessed August 2020).
- Data on file: FoundationOne Liquid CDx Technical Specifications, 2020. Available at: http://www.eifu.online/FMI/190070862 (Accessed August 2020).
- FoundationOne®Heme Technical Specifications, 2017. Available at: www.foundationmedicine.com/genomic-testing/foundation-one-heme (Accessed August 2020).
- Frampton GM et al. Nat Biotechnol 2013; 31: 1023–1031.
- Data on file: Clinical and analytical validation data file for FoundationOne Liquid CDx.
- Clark TA et al. J Mol Diagn 2018; 20: 686–702.
- He J et al. Blood 2016; 127: 3004–3014.
- Suh JH et al. Oncologist 2016; 21: 684–691.
- Chalmers ZR et al. Genome Med 2017; 9: 34.
- Rozenblum AB et al. J Thorac Oncol 2017; 12: 258–268.
- Schrock AB et al. Clin Cancer Res 2016; 22: 3281–3285.
- Ross JS et al. Gynecol Oncol 2013; 130: 554–559.
- Hall MJ et al. J Clin Oncol 2016; 34: 1523–1523
- FoundationOne®CDx Sample Report. Available at: https://www.foundationmedicine.nl/content/dam/rfm/sample-reports/f1cdx/eu_version_-_ema_without_page_1/F1CDx%20EU%20Sample%20Report%20(Lung).pdf (Accessed August 2020).
- A search for "Foundation Medicine"[Affiliation] on the NCBI database resulted in 518 publications, as of August 2020. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=%22Foundation+Medicine%22%5BAffiliation%5D (Accessed August 2020)
- Foundation Medicine Publications. Available at: https://www.foundationmedicine.com/publications (Accessed August 2020).
- FoundationOne®CDx FDA Approval, 2017. Available at:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf17/P170019a.pdf (Accessed August 2020).
- FoundationOne®CDx Clinical Validation, 2017. Available at: http://www.foundationmedicine.com/genomic-testing/foundation-one-cdx (Accessed August 2020).
- FoundationOne Liquid CDx FDA Approval, 2020. Available at: www.foundationmedicine.com/press-releases/445c1f9e-6cbb-488b-84ad-5f133612b721 (Accessed August 2020).